Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
None Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Agency Specific Public Trust/Other Required:
NACI (T1) Job Family:
Systems Engineering Job Description:Responsibilities:
- Partner with senior leaders in scoping, prioritizing and building out the IT operation functions
- Deliver Enterprise-level technology solutions in collaboration with client and technical leads; create strategic roadmaps and drive focus and priorities
- Engage with management/executives to define, understand and document business strategy and desired business capabilities
- Provide guidance to project teams to develop requirements and establish compliance metrics that support the financial and business goals
- Lead efforts for service delivery best practices for operational delivery and organizational performance
- Align with internal teams to develop budget and resource commitments to support business cases
- Provide oversight and guidance of technical efforts across multiple programs; review impact to the infrastructure and applications during the design and implementation phases.
- Provide clear technical vision and prioritization of all technical initiatives to ensure stabilization and continuous service improvement.
- Provide guidance and lead in database administration functions that include planning for performance levels and space allocation requirements.
- Collaboratively work with several teams to install, maintain and upgrade software platforms for applications and information systems.
- Adhere to CDC change management processes, deployment, backup procedures, and ensure that all applications meet standards and specifications.
- Adapt and implement quality improvement measures, automated test, build and deploy processes.
Required skills and experience:
- BS in Information Technology or related technical discipline and 10+ years' experience
- 10+ years progressive experience in managing/leading IT programs
Skills and attributes:
- BS in Information Technology or related technical discipline and 10+ years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting Federal Health government customers.
- Experience overseeing enterprise-wide technical solutions and implementations
- Proven skills in technical and systems operations problem analysis and resolution.
- Experience directing teams through the resolution of complex and inter-related activities and issues.
- Experience interfacing with senior level clients of an organization.
- Experience working with vendors in managing and escalating of service requests.
- Strong leadership skills, presence and the ability to challenge and assess technical designs, lead troubleshooting efforts and the implementation of solutions.
- Ability to lead technical solutioning with teams and customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Technically innovative and forward thinking.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
The likely salary range for this position is $100,000 - $150,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range. Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Travel Required:
10-25% Telecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed Work Location:
USA GA Atlanta Additional Work Locations:
Any Location / Remote Total Rewards at GDIT:
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match. To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available. We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.