Type of Requisition:
Pipeline Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
None Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required Public Trust/Other Required:Job Family:
IT Quality Assurance Job Description:
We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges for our clients. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Data Architect joining our team to support a SecureID modernization and operations program' in the Albany, NY area
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Quality Assurance Testing Lead, you will be trusted to work support a large state-wide implementation of a secure ID solution. This position works under the general guidance of the Account Manager, fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment, and requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills.
The Quality Assurance Testing Lead is responsible for defining the overall testing strategy, control of the testing activities and tasks, and is involved in the planning, monitoring, coordinating of all testing activities between all stakeholders. Responsibilities include:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Developing QA test plans, procedures, and conduct both software and hardware integration testing and software acceptance testing
- Developing and maintaining a product-oriented Quality Control Plan (QCP) containing all deliverables and milestones
- Providing insight into performance criteria for each project phase including a definition of the performance requirements, performance objectives, acceptable quality levels, surveillance method, and incentive metrics
- Utilizing the QCP to assure completeness of deliverables enabling the Government's quality assurance and validation
- Performing all quality control inspections necessary in the performance of the various tasks as assigned and identified by the respective WBS (work breakdown structure), POA&M, or quality system, and submit related quality objective evidence.
- Developing and maintaining a CMMI Quality Assurance Management Plan containing timelines for each goal
- Planning and conducting internal acceptance testing prior to release of any software versions, enhancements, or upgrades
- Validating, testing and ensuring the enhancements meet user and operational requirements as documented
- Ensuring testing includes validating changes with requirements documentation and following testing their required documents are updated (software designs, architecture diagrams, security certification and accreditation, and test reports)
- Assisting the end users during acceptance testing
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Have the ability to handle demanding situations with clarity, focus and professionalism, and to respond quickly to quick turnaround taskers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Technology with 5+ years of experience.
- Ability to resolve issues with little oversight; ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics to management and other stakeholders
- Supervisory or project management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with customers and internal cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently as well as interact regularly with government and non-government stakeholders at multiple levels of authority
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to integrate information from multiple sources
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to understand and manage customer expectations and software implementation methodology
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects at the same time, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and client-facing skills with experience interfacing government officials
40 Travel Required:
25-50% Telecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed Work Location:
USA NY Rensselaer Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.