Job DescriptionAssistant Store Manager
We are looking to add anAssistant Store Manager (ASM)
to our family here atAlltown
. Our ASM is responsible for assisting the General Manager with overseeing daily operations while adhering to Global Partner's policies and procedures.
Quality! Guest focus. Community. Global's guiding principles define our employee experience and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our ever-growing team! With approximately 1,600 locations, mostly in the Northeast, Global is one of the largest regional independent owners of gourmet markets, convenience stores and gas stations. Whether you work for one of our approximately 295 Alltown Fresh, XtraMart, Honey Farms, Fast Freddie's, Mr. Mike's, Alltown, Jiffy Mart or Convenience Plus brands, your contributions will be highly valued and rewarded with competitive compensation, benefits, and paid time off! The Types of "Energy" You Bring
"Gauges" of Responsibility
- You have excellent verbal communication and the ability to convey information clearly and effectively.
- You take initiative and display quick decision making and problem-solving abilities
- You display a guest come first mentality and showcase your exceptional guest service skills by providing pleasant greeting and parting remarks to everyone
- You have a lead by example attitude and a stellar attitude
- Maintains business records, review cashier accountability sheets and records prescribed by the General Manager and or Territory Manager Account for ATM and Lottery funds on a daily basis, and make deposits where applicable
- Perform banking, invoicing, payroll, and/or other administrative duties as requested, adhering to all Global Partner's cash control policies.
- Keep accurate fuel inventory records and report any excessive variations
- Recruit, train, motivate, develop, supervise and discipline non-exempt (hourly) employees, holding them accountable for upholding operational standards.
- Order and receive merchandise utilizing inventory ordering guidelines
- Assist in inventory audits and control of inventory variations to 1% of sales or less.
- Maintain compliance binder
- Ability to ensure adequate gasoline levels as well as coordinate gasoline deliveries
- Check costs on invoices to ensure charges are accurate by vendor
- Operate and manager store in the absence of store manager
- Assist in implementing all company promotional initiatives
- Ensure quality buying experience of all guests
- Assist in reporting and reviewing all environment maintenance issues and unusual occurrences to the proper authority as well as management personnel
- Monitors shift cash handling and inventory. Assists in investigations of shortages/overages of $100 per month or less as well as inventory variations of 1% of sales or less
- Maintains high levels of cleanliness and sanitation
- Ensures store is secure and safe; complies with all safety and environmental guidelines.
Reporting any issues to proper authority as well as management.
- Ensure adequate gasoline levels as well as coordinate gasoline deliveries
- Engage in all company promotional initiatives
- Promotes a high level of guest service
- Perform duties as required by company policies and procedures (encompasses Company Hand Book) and any other duties assigned by your General Manager/ Territory Manger.
- We offer competitive salaries and opportunities for growth. We mean it! We have an amazing Talent Development Team who create trainings for growth and job development.
- Health + Wellness- Medical, Dental, Visions and Life Insurance. Along with additional wellness support.
The GPS of our Interview Process
- The Road Ahead– We offer 401k and a match component!
- Professional Development- We provide tuition reimbursement; this benefit is offered after 6 months of service.
- Give Back!We believe in community support. We know everyone gives in their own way, that's why we offer paid volunteer time-off to you to help an organization of your choice.
- First thing first, if you're interested in the role, please apply.
- The hiring manager will review your resume. If your experience would lend to this opportunity a recruiter or manager will contact you.
- We conduct either in person or "in person" zoom interviews and provide additional interview information needed at that time.
- Must be available to work flexible hours that may include day, nights, weekends and or holidays
- 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to communicate, count, read, and write accurately
- Ability to perform basic computer functions
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver's license
- Ability to work in intermittent temperatures; i.e. outside, cooler, ect..,
- Ability to climb ladders/stairs
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, stoop, kneel and/or crouch during a shift
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area
- Perform duties of the job in a timely manner
- High School Diploma or equivalent
We are an equal opportunityemployer.Weconsider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.