The Lead is primarily responsible for supervising the line crew, monitoring controls and settings and troubleshooting machine issues as they arise.JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Trains new workers in operation of equipment.
- Inspects materials and products to maintain organization standards.
- Responsible for the work of the employees assigned the machines.
- Coordinates activities of the machine operator personnel to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality,
- Inspects product to verify production specifications are met.
- Supports cost improvement initiatives and implementation of programs related to operational efficiency.
- Assists in coordination of production schedules.
- Serve as a point of contact for machine operator personnel.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Years of Experience: 3 Years Area: Manufacturing (Heavy machinery preferred)
- Years of Experience: 1 Years Area: Manufacturing Lead
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Mechanical/technical aptitude
- Computer skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Schedules are rotating 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Routine Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, walking, lifting (up to 50 lbs.) carrying (up to 50 lbs.), pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, visual acuity (Near and Far).
- Inside conditions, extremes of heat (up to 100 degrees in the summer), humidity, noise (from production machinery; must wear hearing protection in the Finishing area).
- Must be able to speak, read and write English. Working knowledge of finishing machine (gluer). Mechanical aptitude.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Nearest Major Market:
Omaha Nearest Secondary Market:
Council Bluffs Job Segment:
Electrical, 2nd Shift, Engineering, Night