Overall Job Summary: A Sales Advisor is responsible for delivering a Best Customer Experience that contributes to the Sales and Profit in the store. A Sales Advisor always puts customers first, offers assistance, and share your Product and Fashion knowledge. The role will create an environment that is easy for our Customers to shop through Store Operations and Great Garment Care. By sharing knowledge and skills with colleagues, a Sales Advisor will actively contribute to creating a Best Team in order to meet the expectations of our customers. The role will work in accordance with H&M standards, policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
This position is within our Store & Sales function and reports to our Department Manager with dotted line to Department Supervisor.
Core Responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
Best Customer Experience
A Sales Advisor is responsible for delivering a Best Customer Experience that contributes to the Sales and Profit in the store. The Sales Advisor will always put our customers first and offer assistance as well as share your Product and Fashion knowledge.
Direct Customer Service
• Demonstrate the 5 basic demands to greet and engage with our customers in the service areas and on the sales floor
• Apply a "Heads up" approach – be aware of customers that require assistance and offer help
• Use product and fashion knowledge to inspire the customer by offering purchasing suggestions, promoting campaigns, offers, activities, and company initiatives (i.e. sustainability efforts, garment collecting)
Sales and Profit
A Sales Advisor will create an environment that is easy to shop through Store Operations and Great Garment Care. The Sales Advisor will follow all required H&M procedures, routines, and best practices in all areas of the store, so sales goals can be reached.
• Keep the fixtures full and tidy regularly throughout the day to maximize sales
• Ensure great garment care to sell the products in their best condition at the right time
• Replenish sizes and allocation to the sales floor through efficient delivery and refill routines to avoid missed sales
• Ensure all areas of the sales floor and back of house are always clean and tidy, this includes but not limited to:
o Maintaining cleanliness of and sweeping on sales floor, fitting rooms, and BOH areas
o Dusting all counters/hard surfaces, removing all spills, trash, and debris from store
o Maintaining the cleanliness of employee kitchen areas including cleaning/disinfecting surfaces
o Maintaining cleanliness of all bathroom facilities on an as needed basis
Garment Processing Procedures
• Actively process, stock, and replenish garments on sales floor and stock room
• Fold, hang, display, and merchandise garments per H&M guidelines to maximize selling opportunities
• Unload delivery truck, receive, open, and unpack merchandise and label merchandise with security tags within efficiency timeline goals
Cash Handling Procedures
• Handle payments and returns
• Ring on the register, report and handle all required transactions, issue receipts, and fold and place merchandise in appropriate bag following the register best practices routine
Policy and Safety Routines
• Follow all procedures and routines regarding safety, security, and administrative processes in all areas of the store
• Execute reductions, price changes, and transfers
A Sales Advisor will share knowledge and skills with colleagues to actively contribute to creating a Best Team in order to meet the expectations of our customers. The role will work in accordance with H&M standards, policies and procedures, and legal requirements.
• Share your knowledge and skills with your colleagues, offering help where needed to build a positive working environment
• Give honest and constructive feedback to your colleagues to develop their skills
• Work in accordance with H&M standards and local legislation with health & safety and security routines, to guarantee you, your colleagues, and customer safety at all times