United States of America
Under close supervision, this position is responsible for assisting the driver with installation efforts providing a safe, organized, efficient, and courteous delivery of merchandise to customers. Assist in helping load and unload items and maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicle. Incumbent must be able to work any shift to satisfy the demand for flexibility of scheduling to ensure operational success. This includes, but is not limited to, day shifts, night shifts and weekend shifts.
• Ensure the installed appliances are damage free, properly installed according to manufacturer's specifications, and are fully functioning
• Understand and promote all JBHT safety requirements including required use of personal protective equipment to ensure safety of self and co-workers; utilize the customer's "job site safety walk" to ensure construction site is safe for product installation and free from hazards and obstructions that could endanger workers
• Assist in managing equipment through effective communication and planning in order to improve operational efficiency and profitability
• Interact with drivers in a professional, timely, and effective manner by building and maintaining a positive attitude
• Install and test household appliances using necessary hand tools and power tools based on job specifications, manufacturer installation instructions, and local codes
• Identify and resolve any issues in a professional and effective manner required to have a positive outcome
18 years of age with and ability to pass a background check
Must possess a valid driver's license with a motor vehicle record that meets JBH standards
Must possess ability to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends if needed
1-2 years experience with High School Diploma/GED
Experience in installing appliances, manual or physical labor, construction site preferred
Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance up to 100 pounds)
Ability to wear appropriate work attire (bump cap, footwear-steel toed shoes, gloves, safety vest)
Customer service skills
Experience in material handling
Experience installing appliances
Willingness to work flexible workdays and hours
GED, High School
Job Opening ID:
00395472 Installation Technician (Open)
"This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."