Business Development Manager Department:
Sales, Marketing & Product Management Country:
United States of America State/Province:
Lowell Full/Part Time:
Full time Job Summary:
Under general supervision, the position is responsible for aggressively marketing the J.B. Hunt brand to develop new accounts and secure an established customer base. Responsible for the solicitation of business from new customers to build business volume according to the business needs. The Incumbent will evaluate a customer's current transportation requirements, e.g., existing service, mode, lanes, budget, and propose a custom transportation solution from JBHT's product offerings. Accounts are typically mid-level and higher in terms of revenue, demand, volume and/or complexity. The incumbent will also be directly responsible for training and growing their direct reports, where applicable (i.e., as people manager) Job Description:
- Conduct lead generation activities for new and incremental business, including cold calling, networking and other opportunity prospecting methods.
- Meet with customers and prospective customers to discuss viable opportunities in an effort to understand their business needs, identify scope, submit a proposal, finalize the contract and win the business.
- Coordinate with internal teams and the customer to implement the customer's solution, including participation in kick-off.
- Perform various activities related to Opportunity Management and monitoring the health of the account which includes, but is not limited to, Customer KPI review, revenue quality monitoring, watching for additional opportunities, contract and pay terms review to ensure adherence to agreement.
- Visit prospective and existing customers at their corporate headquarters or other sites as needed. Requires ability to travel to customer sites to meet customer needs.
- Ensure that team members continue to grow their knowledge and skills related to our business and business/relationship management to increase both value to themselves, our customers and our corporation. Focus on customer communication management.
Minimum Qualification: High School Diploma/GED with 4-5 years of sales or customer service experience.
Preferred Qualification: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, Business Administration/Management, Supply Chain Management, and/or related field with 2-3 years of experience and 2-3 years of management experience (where applicable)
- Experience working in sales
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone
- Experience working in transportation
- Ability to develop sales plans that are future-oriented, support business strategy and reflect understanding of emerging, as well as existing, opportunities and markets
- Ability and willingness to seek out work and the drive to accomplish goals
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers
- Knowledge of the activities and responsibilities involved in selling a product or service
- Ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and information
- Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets and ability to drive critical activities to completion.
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management, Bachelors: Business Communications, Bachelors: Marketing, Bachelors: Public Relations, Bachelors: Supply Chain Management, GED (Required), High School (Required) Work Experience:
Customer Service/Account Manager, Sales Job Opening ID:
00394378 Business Development Manager (Open) "This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."