Operations Internship Department:
Supply Chain Country:
United States of America State/Province:
Pompano Beach Full/Part Time:
Part time Job Summary:
Under close supervision, this position will assist with customers on providing transportation/logistics services. Job Description:
This position is governed by our internal division, Final Mile Services (FMS)
. Our Final Mile services operates the largest nationwide, commingled cross-dock network with 92 locations. Final Mile specializes in home delivery of non-conveyable products with services ranging from drop-off to white glove deliveries. By utilizing two distinct service models - an asset-based delivery network and a dedicated non-asset-based solution - Final Mile creates new levels of value for customers Key Responsibilities:
- Gain exposure and understanding of basic transportation management principles.
- Become involved and participate in daily operational tasks including planning of freight; asset utilization; safety management; Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance; driver payroll; Customer Value Delivery; logistics management/analysis; driver supervision; profit-and-loss management; maintenance coordination.
- Gain understanding of industry trends and company initiatives as it relates to drive retention.
- Perform pertinent account-specific duties as required by customer.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Currently enrolled in a four year undergraduate degree program and in good standing at an accredited college or university and pursuing a business degree or related field. Must be able to work 20-25 hours a week and complete a 12 week internship program.
Junior or Senior level preferred. Skills & Abilities:
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi task
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Willing to work flexible hours
GED (Required), High School (Required) Work Experience:
Transportation/Logistics Certifications:Job Opening ID:
00395783 Operations Internship (Open) "This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."