Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it's by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
Kettering Physician Network
- Our elite medical group employs more than 700 providers, including physicians and advanced practice providers, throughout the Greater Dayton and Cincinnati areas.
- Our patients have access to a multidisciplinary professional team to meet all their healthcare needs. From primary care to brain and spine surgery, we provide an extensive range of specialties and expertise, in over 200 locations and ten counties.
- Working collaboratively across specialties, we offer patients a team-based model of care in which the patient is the most important member of the healthcare team.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Under the supervision of the provider and/or practice leader, provides administrative support throughout the practice. This position is typically the first point of contact (phone and in-person) for the office. This position is responsible for answering, handling and screening incoming telephone calls; greeting and registering patients, filing and preparing charts. In addition, this position is responsible for check-out functions, including review of encounter form data, collection of co-payments, scheduling follow-up appointments; day-end reconciliation duties. Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous front office experience or background in general office work.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality/discretion.
- Must be patient, courteous, and tactful.
- Ability to communicate and relate well with office staff, ancillary departments and the public.
- Ability to follow direction, accept orders and perform repetitive tasks.
- Computer literate in use of word processing and email.
- 1-year experience in a medical/physician office setting preferred
- Experience in electronic medical records preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.