What makesKindred Healthcare
a great place to work? Our people, of course! Ourclinicians
answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize theirjob
effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction.This is who we are.Who are you?
To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, ourclinicians
provide compassionatecritical care
and deliver exceptionalpatient experiences
, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As our most acute level of care,Kindred's
transitional care hospitals offer the samecritical care
patients receive in a traditionalhospital
orintensive care unit
, but for an extended recovery period. Ourclinicians
play a vital role in the recovery process forchronic, critically ill and medically complex patients
As aNursing Assistant / NA
- Assist professional nursing personnel in providing patient care in assigned area.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, emotional support and performs more complex clinical skills under the direction of professional nursing personnel.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning the patient, lifting, turning, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in the use of bed pan, urinal or commode, ambulating the patient, pre operative and post operative care, and application of binder or anti embolic stockings, bed bath, oral/hair/back care, changing bed linens, cleaning over bed table, and bedside stand, straightening patient room and other general care necessary during the shift.
- Collect and record temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure, and intake and output measurements.
- Prepares patient room and bed for admission and transfers and ensures all necessary equipment is in room.
- Maintains an attractive and comfortable environment for patients with special consideration to cleanliness of room, ventilation, and lighting.
- Assist in patient admission, transfer, and discharge procedures.
- Assist with handling and care of patient belongings and other personal property.
- Answer patient call lights, telephone, and paging system and responds as appropriate.
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, perform routine treatment procedures such as enemas, application of appliances for heat and cold.
- Able to release, remove, and reapply restraints to patient under the direction of an RN. Ensures patient is in proper position and alignment.
As aNursing Assistant / NA
you will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- BCLS Certification.
- Six months experience in acute or long term care facility.