It is the responsibility of this position to exhibit a high level of professional and personalized guest service that embodies the Company's brand standard and core values (K.E.E.P. – Kindness, Engagement, Empathy and Positivity).
The Golden Nugget, Las Vegas is seeking an Assistant Curator in the Biology Department. The Aquarium facility includes two main public exhibits holding over 250,000 gallons of water combined. Our facility is an American Humane certified property, focusing on animal welfare.
Responsibilities include working directly with department Curator in maintaining exhibit aesthetics, supervising and training hourly staff members as needed, monitoring daily water quality and life support systems, establishing appropriate feeding regimes in accordance with Curator and industry standards, recommending appropriate specimens for acquisition, observations on animal health and application of appropriate treatments or actions, assisting with exhibit design and installation, maintaining support areas, and ensuring that all records are up to date and complete.
This position is also required to perform routine diving duties. Inspects and evaluates the condition of exhibits and life support to determine and/or participate in necessary repairs and modifications. Must hold a valid SCUBA dive certification, have knowledge of aquarium systems and aquatic biology, and have five (5) years prior animal care and hourly employee training and supervision. A degree in Biology or related field is preferred, but experience with aquatic animal husbandry may be considered. Must be available to work weekends and holidays, including respond to emergency LSS failures as needed.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Train, mentor and supervise all hourly staff, under the guidance of the department Curator.QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Ability to manage employees, training and coaching skills with evidence of developing exceptionally motivated teams
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, administrative, multi-tasking, organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), fluent English and articulate
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and cohesively, consistently producing quality results
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required; Spa Soft experience preferred.
Auto req ID
- Bachelor's or related degree preferred
- 5 years experience in aquatic animal care and hourly staff supervision
- Minimum age requirement is 21
85104BRConcept / Brand
Golden Nugget Las VegasPosting Job Title