We Are Hiring
We are hiring a full time Triage Nurse at Outpatient Clinic (ER experience, Ambulatory experience, bilingual Spanish).
Monday-Friday 8:45am-5:15pm What You Will Do
Provide patients with nursing support by telephone.
What You Will Need
- Prepare documentation information and transmit medical information.
- Provide non-judgmental triage and/or advice using the nursing process, specific protocols, and established resources.
- Direct callers to appropriate level of care and provide healthcare advice/education using assessment, skills, approved guidelines, and knowledge of self-care practices.
- Select and deliver appropriate follow-up materials.
- Provide professional, safe, and effective care-related advice to patients.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team
AMITA Health, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. With more than 900 providers in its medical groups, 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners, AMITA Health serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body, mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being. We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.