As a Maintenance Technician 3 you will train/lead the execution of our preventative maintenance program, as well as the troubleshooting and diagnostics repairs of the building and material handling systems. You will support the Operations team by designing maintenance solutions for difficult problems and managing maintenance projects. The Maintenance Tech 3 will train and mentor service technicians to accomplish building and department goals. A day in the life…
You've got this if…
- Act as a safety champion and promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair all aspects of material handling systems & conveyors (such as motor/ reducer issues, belt tracker, belt lacing
- Diagnose, using test equipment, electrical and electronic control systems and other related equipment, devices or components
- Maintain and troubleshoot basic relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders.
- Safely operate equipment: forklifts, scissor and boom lifts, hand tools, and energy management equipment to perform system support tasks as required.
- Working Knowledge of a work order system
- Lead and audit preventative maintenance procedures
- Create and close out work orders with data includinglaborhours, equipment maintenance and parts used
- Maintain a positive working relationship across the Nordstrom Operations facility,with the ability to communicate effectively with senior operations leaders
- Responsible for daily communication of all pertinent information regarding equipment operation and maintenance to departmental management and other maintenance teams
- Help to develop work plans for emergency repair of critical assets
- Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance, and leading training plans to help them achieve their goals
- Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walkduring shifts lasting up to12 hours,with or without reasonable accommodation
We've got you covered…
- At least 5+ years of experience with conveyors, electrical systems, & building maintenance
- An Associates or higher degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of operation and repair of material handling equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of power tools, pneumatic, or hydraulic tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use technology such as smart phones, tablets, computers, web-based applications, building automation systems, etc.
- Basic knowledge of controls systems & PLC's. (preferred)
- Robotic knowledge – (preferred)
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits.Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified atwww.nordstrom.com.
2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.