The Digital Commerce Experience Team is seeking a Program Manager 1 supporting engineering teams responsible for the UI portion of Nordstrom's Modern Web Platform (Design System, UI Standards, UI Themes, Shared UI Components, Storybook Testing, ADA Compliance, and more) supporting Nordstrom, Nordstrom Canada and Nordstrom Rack.This Program Manager is part of a key team of technologists managing delivery and oversight of platform wide UI capabilities that empower 100+ engineers and enable significant business value for Nordstrom and its customers.This position interacts with a primarily technical community, but also works with business and creative stakeholders to create solutions and resolve issues with an eye toward continuous improvement of platform wide engineering toolsets.This role has a bottom-line impact on site quality, performance metrics and business KPI's with every code deployment onNordstrom.com. A day in the life…
You own this if you have…
- Combines full understanding of concepts, theories and principles with business insights and manages moderately complex technical programs
- Knows who customers are and communicates technical requirements to dependent teams. Defines data requirements in both technical and business terms that inform the success of programs
- Uses customer lens to create data measurements to quantify measures for success and recognizes gaps in technical and operational KPI's
- Possesses base level knowledge of technology (e.g. Cloud, APIs, services, Windows stack, open source, database technologies, etc.)
- Possesses broad understanding of end to end capability and applies engineering lifecycle knowledge to feature design, task estimation, design review, story creation, triage, schedule and performance standards
- Reads basic code constructs, understands and identifies estimates of effort to complete engineering work streams
- Cultivates an open ethos where the principles and practices of open source can foster collaboration, co-creation and community
- Raises awareness and adoption of the platform.Keeps forums alive with information, questions and challenges.Organizes events that keep a distributed community connected.
- Shows a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Uses excellent verbal and written communication skills to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
We've got you covered…
- A 4-year degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- 3 + years of Project or Program Management experience
- 3 + years of demonstrated successful program delivery
- Mastery of software development practices, Agile Methodology, CICD, testing and deployment automation
- Proficient with collaboration tools: JIRA, Confluence, GitLab
- Working knowledge of ecommerce web applications and cloud technologies
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits.Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified atwww.nordstrom.com.
2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.