The Controls System Lead is responsible for providing controls Subject Matter Expert support within a 24x7 fulfillment center operation. The primary focus is on maintaining, advanced troubleshooting and modifying material handling equipment (MHE) and control systems equipment to ensure operational performance of the MHE equipment including Conveyors, Sortation Systems, Hi Speed Scanners, Cameras, Print & Apply System and SCADA Devices & Programs.A day in the life…
You've got this if…
- Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including programmable logic controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
- Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors, facilities leadership and operations for support to restore equipment operation
- Communicate technical setbacks to Facilities Maintenance Management and Operations Leaders coming up with proactive solutions to address issues
- Monitor MHE Metrics and partner with maintenance/operations teams to deploy system performance improvements within the fulfillment center
- Apply subject matter expertise in MHE and electronic systems to maximize equipment availability to production
- Perform and utilize fulfillment center system assessments to identify opportunities in improving utilization of systems/equipment.
- Partner with facility operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations
- Act as the technical consultant for capital projects within the building
- Work within the cross-site network to provide support and guidance for other fulfillment centers and distribution centers (some travel required)
- Explain production impacts and work closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough understanding of impact to systems
- Develop system documentation and Standard Work instruction for the operations team thus minimizing the risk of downtime caused by human error from the maintenance and operations team
- Perform predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance of computer-based process control, SCADA, and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), using a variety of diagnostic tools, historical data, blueprints, factory specifications and the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Develop and/or maintain training documentation on relevant control systems.
- Provide training on control systems to maintenance technicians.
- Develop maintenance procedures to maximize the usable life of assets and provide the greatest equipment availability to production
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years systems control knowledge and PLC troubleshooting experience
- Must have demonstrated experience using RSLogix 5000 to troubleshoot, program and modify PLC code. Lack of RSLogix5000 will disqualify the candidate for this role.
- Experience with Robotics systems components
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting of 24VDC up to 480V 3phase systems.
- Experience and understanding of messaging protocols within a Warehouse Management System software as well as Warehouse Control Systems.
- Systems Controls knowledge and programming experience using RSlogix5000
- Field Service Engineering Experience
- Systems Trainer or training experience
- Experience with a wide range of conveying and sortation's systems
- Experience with advance automation control systems
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills
We've got you covered…
- Ability to Interpret and modify mechanical/electrical drawings and P&ID's
- Ability to identify, maintain and utilize SCADA Systems and KPI's
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits.Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified atwww.nordstrom.com.
2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.