The Wound Care Specialist Nurse is responsible for achieving standards of care, collaborating with physicians, managers, clinical coordinators and other team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualized patient care in accordance with the current policies and procedures. Responsible for ongoing quality, productivity and efficiency in Wound Ostomy Care Services.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required. BS or BSN required and completion of Enterostomal Therapy program preferred.
- Experience: Three years in clinical nursing required.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RN licensure in appropriate state required. Certification in wound/ostomy care within two years preferred.
- Additional Skills Required: Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing.
- Additional Skills Preferred:
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".