RT Respiratory Therapist Part Time
Location Summa Rehabilitation Hospital - Akron, OH
Apply Now Here We Grow Again!Our culture fosters engagement, diversity and advocacy. Our goal is to empower our employees and support them in their professional growth while leading them on a path to success within our organization.Summa Rehabilitation Hospital is seeking Part-Time Respiratory Therapists to join our team!Part-time, 24 hours/week; non-exempt
7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (12-hr. shift); every third weekend; holiday rotation
Summa Rehabilitation Hospital, located in Akron, OH, is a 60 bed inpatient rehab facility providing inpatient rehabilitative services to people recovering from disabilities caused by injuries or illnesses. We help our patients regain their physical or cognitive abilities so they can return home at their highest level of independence. As a smaller, specialized hospital, we offer an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and friendly work environment where you really get to know your patients and their families. Position Summary:
Responsible for providing efficient, quality-oriented patient care within the scope of the department's
policy/procedure manual. Performs support activities such as equipment maintenance, changes,
inventory, and sets up and operates various types of respiratory care equipment to be utilized in the
diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and/or illness.Qualifications/Skills
- Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy program required.
- Current, valid, and active license to practice as a Registered Respiratory Therapist or Certified Respiratory
- Therapist in the state of employment required.
- Current BLS certification from a Vibra-approved vendor required.
- One (1) year critical care and/or artificial airway and ventilator care experience preferred.
- ACLS certification from a Vibra-approved vendor preferred.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
At Summa Rehab Hospital, employees are our priority. We are passionate about patient care and consider it a privilege to be able to provide services to patients and their family members in the greater Northeast Ohio area. Below is a brief summary of our benefits.
• Medical coverage with prescription plan
• Dental and Vision coverage
• Work life balance – generous PTO plan
• Life insurance
• Short- and Long-Term Disability
• EAP and AFLAC
• Flex plans
• 401K matching
• PET insurance
• Group legal – provides legal assistance with personal legal matters
• Tuition reimbursement
At Summa Rehab Hospital, our patients are family. Healthcare is constantly evolving; our growing organization is devoted to ensuring that each person in our care feels safe. Our world-class team of driven, passionate healthcare professionals are always focused on service excellence and providing top quality care at the bedside.
If you share our values, we want to hear from you!