Position: Customer Service Supervisor
Reports To: Team Leaders
Department: Store Operations
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
The Customer Service Supervisor ensures the efficient operation of the front end of the store. The Customer Service Supervisor leads a sales team that is passionate about selling merchandise and ensuring a good customer experience. Responsibilities include aspects of customer service, merchandising, and store maintenance.
- Ensure that every customer receives outstanding service by all associates working on the front end including greeting and acknowledging every customer, being knowledgeable of the product in the store, and being efficient on the register.
- Resolve customer service issues including answering questions, assisting to complete transactions, and communicating customer requests to Team Leaders when necessary.
- Communicate all promotions and advertisements to the front end team so they can answer customer questions and/or assist with selling items.
- Ensure that all product at the front end is merchandised per the visual merchandise standards.
- Maintain a neat and organized front end work area.
- Ensure that the front-end, entrance, and exterior of the building are maintained properly.
- Assist with receiving the truck and recovering the store.
- Ensure that front end operations, store standards, Redbook compliance, and company programs meet all operational expectations.
- Perform all Team Leader functions to open and close the store when needed.
- Assist with coaching, training, developing, evaluating, and supervising front end Associates.
- Provide leadership to front end associates regarding all donation programs and Ollie's Army sign up and membership.
- Work with the Store Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader to assist with front end shrink and mail/supplies activities.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to interact well with customers and Associates.
- Minimum of one to two years' retail experience in a mid-size to large retail service-oriented business preferred.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and activities and work within strict timeframes and deadlines.
- Knowledge of industry terms and processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and delegate tasks.
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to interact well with others.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and twist frequently.
- Ability to grip, reach, and pinch with arms and hands frequently.
- Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb ladders occasionally.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
Ollie's is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran's status, disability, or any other legally protected status.