Job Title: Head of Asset Protection
Reports to: Executive Vice President – Chief Operating Officer
Department: Loss Prevention
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: HarrisburgPosition Overview:
The Head of Asset Protection mitigates both external and internal security related risks for the organization through the development and management of policies, procedures, programs, and systems, across the Company. This position leads a team to drive the Company's operational audit process, partner and train field teams on key operational drivers to reduce shortage and conduct investigations into, fraud, abuse, or other misconduct. This position is the head of our LP department and Partners with leadership and teams across the organization to drive Shrink and Safety initiatives. Additional responsibilities include directing and creating safety policies, programs and education to create a company that is passionate about safety. Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving shrink and safety goals and implement/refine programs and initiatives to reduce shortage across the Company.
- Partner with Leadership and teams to drive our shrink and operational improvement programs, including the Store Operations, Distribution Center, Inventory Control, and Merchant teams.
- Develop and support a team-oriented environment with the stores, Support Center, and Distribution Center.
- Partner with and train field and store leadership, DC's and other areas as necessary to master processes to reduce shortage and the related operational procedures that impact inventory and shortage
- Oversee the effective use of Appriss Secure Store (Loss Prevention software) by DLPMs and XBR Analysts.
- Utilize data and analysis to inform, influence and adjust approach to programs
- Manage all financial aspects of the LP team and related operations including payroll, related expenditures including Repairs and Maintenance of equipment, and Capital planning for Loss Prevention and security equipment in the stores and warehouses, includes camera systems, digital video recorders, fire and burglar alarms, safes, etc., including effective procurement of these items at proper costs.
- Conduct and oversee investigations where necessary and execute appropriate action following investigations.
- Communicate progress to key stakeholders regularly through scorecard of key identified metrics. Mobilizes organization swiftly and decisively to address down-trending metrics.
- Leads initiatives and projects for company that include multi-level and disciplinary participants to implementation, execution and/or completion.
- Ensure compliance with key company standards of loss prevention, safety, facility maintenance, and postings/notifications.
- Develop, update and execute shrinkage control programs, safety programs, etc.
- Develop and execute plans for all coaching, training and development of Asset Protection department.
- Additional responsibilities to be determined as business needs arise.
- Administer all Loss Prevention requirements for new stores, including membership in the New Store Committee.
- Ensure the execution of Asset Protection training takes place for all store management and associates.
- Ensure that the District Asset Protection Team Leaders are conducting external and internal apprehensions for theft to prevent loss.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- Develop succession plans for direct reports and the Director of Loss Prevention position
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in loss prevention in a retail service-oriented business, or demonstration of skills and learning through an internal development program and selection process.
- College Degree Required, Criminal Justice concentration preferred.
- Highly effective change agent, passionate champion and ambassador for the function.
- Grocery or prior discount retail experience a plus
- Analytical approach, ability to leverage data to be proactive indicator of where resources should be applied to most effectively reduce shortage
- Eye toward working in frugal environment, to drive out unnecessary costs
- Adept and open to learning and using new software.
- Ability to effectively manage in a professional work environment.
- Competent in creating shrink reduction strategies that effectively leverage available data and result in measurable improvement.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to incorporate new ideas and strategies into Asset Protection Strategy.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Efficient planning, prioritization and implementation of detailed instructions.
- Ability to learn and communicate new information and processes to all associates within company standards.
- Ability to identify process improvements and implement such across the Company
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Frequent travel to stores and distribution centers including overnight stay is required.
- Ability to drive for long distances.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and kneel on a frequent basis.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle with a valid state issued license.
- Physical ability to sit for extended periods and work at a computer.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
Ollie's is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.