Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Staff (Renal Care Unit, Night Shift, 0.9 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are offering RNs who are not currently working for Providence or one of our affiliates a $10,000 sign on bonus to join our amazing nursing team! $5000 on your first paycheck, $2,000 at 6 months and $3,000 at 18 months In this position you will:
Qualifications :Required qualifications for this position include:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hire. RNs with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers upon hire
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency at the Alaska Medical Center
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!