Providence is calling a Phlebotomist to work at our Clinical Laboratories in the Portland, OR area. This is a full-time (0.9 FTE), rotating/variable shift position.All Phlebotomist are welcome to apply!Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
We are seeking for a Phlebotomist who will be responsible for the accurate and timely pre-analytical functions of patient identification, blood and body fluid specimen collection and specimen labeling. The phlebotomist provides support to multiple regional laboratory personnel and is integral to maintaining the integrity of patient specimens in order to provide accurate and timely patient care. Incumbents interface with all departments within the medical centers, patient service centers, care givers, vendors, and consultants.In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications :Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Correctly and accurately identify patients, labels specimens and enters data into computer according to federal, state and local regulations and policies
- Perform venipuncture and capillary collection on patients of all ages with minimal patient discomfort or repeat punctures due to inadequate specimens, quantity or quality
- Routine, ASAP, timed, and STAT collections are performed according to policy
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of a nationally accredited phlebotomy or medical assistant training program, -OR-
- One (1) year phlebotomy related experience. Note: Industry related experience must be from an equivalent high volume, acute care laboratory performing high complexity testing, -OR-
- Successful completion of an internship in a Providence laboratory while actively enrolled in and progressing through a nationally accredited phlebotomy or medical assistant training program
About Providence in Oregon
- Certification (Certified Phlebotomy Technician (PBT), etc.) from a government agency -OR- nationally recognized organization, eg. American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP),National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA)
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.