R1 RCM Inc. is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is a publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization's infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Health Information Manager is responsible for managing and directing the overall performance of either a specified unit/section within an HIM department, managing an HIM Department in its entirety, or managing multiple HIM sites depending upon size and scope of the sites. The HIM Manager manages and coordinates HIM Operations for at least three hospitals across a multi-facility integrated healthcare system ensuring that health information supports patient care, business operations and regulatory compliance. This position is responsible for the staffing, quality, productivity and overall performance of the area of responsibility including compliance to applicable regulatory standards and the targets established by Revenue Cycle Operations. The HIM Manager works closely with all department managers/supervisors, administrators and the medical staff to problem solve and establish workflows that serve the patient, the caregivers, the hospital's business operations and the HIM functions.
In this role, the successful candidate will keep abreast of changes in the HIM field to assure that our R1 HIM teams lead the way with best practice HIM operations. Responsibilities:
- Manages HIM staff including recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, payroll, disciplinary action, performance evaluations, new hire orientation, training, assignment work, and counseling to effectively meet operational needs in accordance with hospital policies and procedures regarding human resource management.
- Ensures department performance is consistent with productivity, quality and compliance expectations by maintaining knowledge of current health information regulations (local, system and legal compliance), monitoring department and individual performance, implementing quality and productivity standards and programs. Compiles reports and presents performance data. Coordinates and participates in external regulatory reviews.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the HIM functions including staffing, system maintenance, maintaining up-to-date policy and procedures, assigning daily work, ensuring appropriate workflow, coordinating health information with the other key RCO functions of coding, clinical improvement documentation, RAC, PFS processes, ensuring that the necessary medical record information is available accurately and timely.
- Serves as an expert user/administrator of Health Information technology systems in order ensure proper functionality and triages any issues to appropriate individual(s). Works with others on the health care team to problem-solve system issues and find solutions to meet needs. May lead or assist with system implementations and upgrades.
- Serves as a resource and advisor to local hospital leaders and medical staff regarding health information issues by problem-solving and establishing work flows that ensure appropriate medical record completion and content. Participates on committees or teams. Serves as onsite HIM internship instructor, as appropriate and approved, for university students.
- Communicates information by preparing, analyzing, and distributing reports and making presentations to share Health Information outcomes to organizational leaders. Responsible for managing a labor and expense budget and assisting with preparing capital requests.
- Assists the leadership and local administration with assessment, investigation, recommendations and follow-up on new technology, projects, goals, targets, and business initiatives.
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
- 5 years operational HIM experience.
- Expertise in Health Information functions and operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal drive and focus on measurable goals.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Resourceful, task oriented and willing to challenge the norm.
- Excellent people skills.
- Leadership experience preferred
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package including:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & RX Coverage
Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time & Holidays
401K with Company Match
Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
R1 RCM Inc. ("the Company") is dedicated to the fundamentals of equal employment opportunity. The Company's employment practices, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person's age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company is dedicated to providing a workplace free from harassment based on any of the foregoing protected categories.
If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at 312-496-7709 for assistance.
To learn more, visit: R1RCM.com