Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we've experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us? Department:
Customer Solutions & Operations DevelopmentLocation:
Lakeland, FL Overview
The Solutions Development Engineer assists in the development of logistics and supply chain solutions for new and existing customers. This position will work as a member of the Warehouse Solutions team to develop solutions to generate new business opportunities as well as to increase opportunities with existing customers. Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for customer solutions by identifying and working on issues or projects of a diverse scope where analysis of a situation or data requires identification, judgment, and the selection of methods/techniques for obtaining a solution.
- Provide analytical support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals for warehousing and secondary packaging operations.
- Support the development and standardization of modeling techniques to support corporate strategic objectives.
- Lead or participate in cross functional teams to develop and maintain efficiencies through lean six sigma methodologies.
- Maintain positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the development and achievement of strategic business process KPI's and metrics.
- Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline required
- Must possess a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in warehousing and/or secondary packaging related disciplines
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Critical thinking – analytical problem solving skills with significant amount of information
- Creative thinking – dealing with imperfect information and ambiguity
- Presentation skills – ability to inform and persuade internal and external stakeholders in relations to developed solutions
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization both internal and external to achieved desired results
- Demonstrate a passion for cost and service level optimization
- Ability to travel 10% - 15%
- Must possess strong capabilities in modeling software and techniques, including Microsoft Excel and Access with macro level experience
- Must have experience with facility layout and packaging line layout tools utilizing software such as AutoCad
- Preferred exposure to varied warehouse structures including traditional bulk, high density, RF, pick to light, voice pick, etc.
- Preferred exposure to light automation in packaging operations design
- Preferred familiarity with work measurement techniques such as MOST, MTM, or MODAPTS
- Preferred familiarity with line balancing techniques and tools