Select Medical is one of the nation's largest providers of specialized acute and post-acute care. Its network of nearly 50,000 employees operates or supports 102 hospitals specializing in long-term acute care, 35 medical rehabilitation hospitals, and more than 2,100 outpatient clinics offering physical and occupational therapy. In addition, Select Medical offers urgent care at close to 500 locations through our Concentra brand. It also offers physical therapy and/or athletic training to approximately 300 high schools, colleges, and professional sports teams. Select Medical (NYSE: SEM) was founded in 1996 and is based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. For more information, visit selectmedical.com.
The Business Analyst 1 is responsible for delivering quality customer service. The Business Analyst is viewed as a subject matter expert and critical resource across multiple disciplines. The areas of responsibilities include completion of assigned tasks to integrate acquisitions, implement application software, and maintain existing applications.
In addition, the role will hold the following responsibilities:
- Create new and maintain existing documentation for system processes and procedures
- Maintain awareness of the rapidly changing environment and recommend cost efficient techniques
- Identify and lead analysis to overcome potential areas where design, policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion
- Document and submit recommendations as appropriate
- Coordinate and complete testing of upgrades and fixes within defined deadlines with application teams and business stakeholders
- Coordinate and communicate with other IS resources who are assigned to support application issues and project tasks
- Work with vendors on application issues and act a liaison between users and vendors to develop requests for additional application enhancements, reports and/or features
- Develop, manage and collaborate on standard practices and processes
- Leverage technology to help reduce manual tasks and continually improve on the company's requirements process
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with all relevant business stakeholders
- Become a mentor to other business specialists and analysts
- Manages, reviews and prioritizes project work plans in coordination with Project Manager/Scrum Master to assure alignment on schedule, resources and deliverables
- Collaborates with Project Manager to resolve issues and escalates unresolved issues as needed
- Ensure that all issues are logged, accurate and up to date with detailed information, record problem symptoms and status information in a timely fashion
- As needed, meet with other IS departments to maintain proper communication channels related to support
- Coordinate implementation of changes that have impact to support to ensure changes and impacts are communicated to staff and the user community
- Assume responsibility for assuring the knowledge base is maintained with current and accurate information
- Participate in relevant information-sharing activities
- Ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure all changes comply with change management policies and procedures
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- BS or BA or equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years of Experience in Business analysis.
- 2 or more years of experience providing successful integration and/or implementation of software applications
- Experience in definition and documentation of requirements for system processes and procedures.
- The ability to gather information from other project team members as necessary and report/conduct status meetings and provide documentation on the tasks and issues on a regular basis to project partners.
- Knowledge of browser-based technology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity applications.
- Understanding of operating systems such as Windows and OS X/iOS
- Superior teamwork and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for delivering exemplary customer service
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- Demonstrated active listening skills and history handling human interactions and experiences.
- Willingness to periodically travel
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
- This position has a flexible remote work structure.