A Park Operations internship will teach you skills to ensure the safety of both guests and employees is the highest priority. Leaders in operations must ensure each ride location operates according to standard operating procedures. Park Operations leaders manage a large number of employees and hold leadership teams accountable for performance. You will learn about practical training techniques, auditing and record retention. Park Operations leaders also learn about managing labor budgets and schedules to ensure compliance with all Federal and State labor laws. These positions have a high level of responsibility for safety, compliance and emergency response.DESCRIPTION:
Learn what it takes to be an entry-level leader at Six Flags Darien Lake! This internship will provide an opportunity to learn our company mantra, develop your leadership skills, network with seasoned Six Flags leaders, and learn the day-to-day operations of a large, multi-faceted regional entertainment venue.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead by example through performing all duties and responsibilities, promoting teamwork and fostering a learning environment for all team members
• Provide first-class Guest Service to both Guest and Team Members
• Practice, support, maintain and enforce a total safety culture for all Team Members
• Establish and sustain a robust team environment to increase location retention, motivation and morale of Team Members
• Support area supervisors in the day-to-day operation of their respective area
• Direct functions to ensure a smooth and profitable operation
• Assist with training and coaching team members assigned to their particular unit
• Keep all team members informed of park procedures, policies, and help foster communication between management and front-line team members
• Address guest complaints and resolve issues
• Handle all guest concerns and keep the management team informed of any difficulties in your area of responsibility
• Responsible for seeing that all team members are in proper uniforms and meet the park grooming guidelines
• Enforce and comply with Federal, State and Company labor laws and policies REQUIREMENTS
• Be enrolled in a BOCES or college/university program for Hospitality or Business Management, Retail Management, Sales, Finance, Accounting, Culinary, Food Service, Restaurant Management, Marketing, Public Relations (or any related discipline)
• Be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays with flexible availability • Commitment to providing Guest first service to our guests
If you are able to answer "YES" to all of the following questions, please continue the application process by clicking "Apply"
- Can you provide legal documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States?
- Are you able to perform the essential functions of the job for which you are applying with or without reasonable accommodation?
- Within the last 90 days, can you state that you have not used illegal or social drugs (excluding marijuana), such as MDMA (Molly), cocaine and crystal methamphetamine?
- I am willing to agree that future text messages relating to Six Flags, Inc., including company news, job posting application status updates, and other information, may be sent on behalf of Six Flags, Inc. to the cell phone number I provide.