St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.This position works collaboratively with other members of the interdisciplinary team to
assure delivery of high quality nursing service in accordance with the physician's orders and
with the agency's programs and policies. Services are provided in the home and in the
patient's place of residence.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Evaluates and performs initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments on patients referred for home health nursing services. Determines eligibility for admission, obtains financial and statistical data, formulates initial care plan according to the patient's Plan of Care and processes the admission.
2. Refers patients to other agency disciplines and to community resource as needed.
3. Assesses, promotes and maintains health of individuals, families, and the community through teaching, counseling and appropriate preventive and rehabilitative measures in the practice of nursing.
4. Provides ongoing assessment to determine service frequency, change in Plan of Care and discharge from service in compliance with agency policy and philosophy.
5. Functions as the designated coordinator of patient care responsible for assuring the provision of optimum, comprehensive multidisciplinary care.
6. Assures care plans are followed according to agency standards for the provision of quality care, appropriate service utilization, and compliance with third party payor requirements for reimbursement.
7. Communicates with the patient's physician, referral source, and members of the multidisciplinary team both orally and in writing as required by the patient's
condition and agency policy.
8. Maintains and uses patient clinical records, reports and other written communications according to agency policy and directives.
9. Records make clear the goals and plans with emphasis on the family oriented
approach to patient care.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Physical Demands: Heavy Work Exertional activity occasionally lift and/or carry 100 lbs and frequently lift and/or carry 50 lbs. Stand and/or walk at least 6 hours in an 8-hour work day.
QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM) EDUCATION:
A graduate of an approved school of professional nursing who is licensed as a Registered Nurse by the state in which practicing, Baccalaureate degree preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Two years as a professional nurse in nursing practice or previous community health experience as a professional nurse preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name andcurrent home address. Be sure toincludeemployment history forthe past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you areencouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications andlicenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.