California Applicants, please click here to review the CCPA notice. This assignment is scheduled to start in the first week or two of July. Assignment will be a full 40 hour work week, 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday (or similar schedule). The work is expected to last at least three months approximately but subject to change to shorter or longer depending on the needs of the business.
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
Tommy Bahama is more than just an island inspired brand, it's a lifestyle! Live the Island Life as an ambassador of our brand, representing the season's stylish trends. We look for those who are passionate about growth as we offer a variety of rewarding positions, from sales to management. You will play an important role in our store leadership, inspiring your team to work together to achieve our goals, create an environment of aloha fun, while exceeding guest expectations - taking them someplace great. Come join us, share knowledge on latest designs and provide guest with world class service!
SET THE COURSE
This position is responsible for certain functions and tasks to support the administration of the Tommy Bahama employee benefits and leave programs.
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
- Support administration for the company benefit plans including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, LOA, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and 401(k) information & enrollments for U.S. Mainland, Hawaii, Puerto Rican and Canadian plans.
- Process new hires, terms, status changes, and other related benefits transactions.
- Maintain records for employees enrolled in the company benefit plans.
- Process benefit vendor payments.
- Administer company and legally required leave programs including FLMA, pregnancy / family state leaves, disability leaves. Coordinate American with Disability Act accommodations.
- Administer worker's compensation leaves in coordination with Oxford risk management. Manages OSHA reporting as required by law.
- Serve as an internal contact for managers and employees regarding benefits, including types of leaves of absence.
- Works with the Benefits Broker, Benefit vendors, Payroll and Finance.
- Gather data for successful completion of surveys and other reports.
- Support annual benefit open enrollment including the preparation and distribution of enrollment materials and delivery of benefit information sessions to employees.
- Advise managers and employees on company leave processes, policy and procedures orally and in writing.
- Support the development of benefits communications and documentation.
- Using ACA management platform (Equifax) monitors employees' benefit eligibility process.
- Support/perform special projects as needed.
- Flexible to take on other duties as needed to help support the overall business.
ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE IN PARADISE
- High school diploma; associates or bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2+ years of combined benefits and leave administration experience.
- 3+ years' experience within a large company HR department in a support role.
- Good technical skills in working with HRIS systems (Workday), APD payroll, etc.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and IE (or Chrome).
- Knowledge of state and federal laws related to FMLA, USSERRA, and other benefits regulations including but not limited to CFRA, PDL, COBRA, HIPAA and ACA.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with diverse groups of people.
- Outstanding customer service skills, including quick and accurate follow up and follow through.
- Ability to work in multiple areas in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must be professional and have the ability to maintain confidentiality when assigned certain projects.
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
Tommy Bahama participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.