Casino SecuritySummary: Responsible for the safety and security of company property including customers and employees in the case of an incident. Monitoring company property, evicting trespassers and writing reports detailing any occurrences during their shift. Specifications (Qualifications) Qualification Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
one to three months related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Background in law enforcement or security and/or customer service is beneficial. Must have high degree of pride and integrity in job performance. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. COMPUTER SKILLS:
Prefer experience or knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Maintains a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring the premises and personnel.
- Monitor surveillance cameras to watch out for any disruptions or unlawful activities.
- Patrolling and monitoring activities on the company's premises regularly to discourage criminals and ensure the environment is safe and secure.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities and informing violators of policy and procedures.
- Ability to operate security systems and emergency equipment.
- Obtain help by sounding appropriate alarms.
- Using provided communication devices such as two-way radios in a clear and concise manner.
- Handles customer problems and complaints while providing exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Manager.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with business customers and other visitors to the premises.
- Ability to act with integrity and in a professional manner.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and disputes in a safe manner.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Provide detailed reports on daily activities and any incidents that may have occurred to management.
- Notify manager by phone of any incidents of significance.
- The use of excessive force, retaining someone, knives, guns, handcuffs, pepper spray, or other restraining devices is not permitted.
- Ability to work various hours. Shifts will normally be during afternoon, evening, and/or graveyard hours.
- Ability to display a high degree of pride and integrity in job performance.
- Ability to learn and comprehend all company policies pertaining to this position. Must be able to follow instructions as directed. Ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to think on their own and not become upset or frustrated easily.
- Ability to be a self-starter, have good judgment, and possess the quality of adaptability.
- Ability to keep up to date on knowledge concerning the layout of Store.
- Ability to thoroughly familiarize with emergency procedures.
- Ability to work in a pleasant but demanding atmosphere.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and stand by them, maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, fellow team members and management.
1. Any other projects as assigned by the Manager. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this job the employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing this job the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are Representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive but is the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change, (for example, in the event of emergencies, or changes in personnel, work load, or technical development). Nearest Major Market:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to Extreme cold (nonweather); and outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Missoula Nearest Secondary Market: