Description Position at UMass Memorial Medical Center
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday. Requisition #:
Clinical Social Worker - OutpatientDepartment:
Hemophilia Clinic Location:
UMass Memorial Medical Center – University CampusShift:
24 hoursShift Length:
- Experienced Social worker. Multi-Disciplinary Team environment, supporting both the hemophilia patient population and the cancer center at Marlborough.
- Weekdays. Weekly schedule TBD. Must be available to participate in the Multidisciplinary Hemophilia clinic.
As the UMass Memorial Outpatient Social Worker you will provide psycho-social assessment and a full range of social services to patients with chronic diseases and their families. Assists in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of funded programs.Major Responsibilities:
- Provides psycho-social assessment, crisis intervention, and counseling to patients and their families. Documents evaluations and interventions in medical record.
- Facilitates referral for psychiatric services. Facilitates access to and coordinates delivery of social services, including financial assistance, health insurance, medication reimbursement, transportation, housing, extended care, home care, hospice, and community–based services.
- Provides information and referral to specialized intervention programs, including substance abuse, detoxification, and rehabilitation.
- Organizes and facilitates family meetings, inter-agency conferences, and groups/workshops for patients and their families, as well as staff psycho-social and multicultural development programs
- Experienced Social worker is required.
- Multi-Disciplinary Team environment, supporting both the hemophilia patient population and the cancer center at Marlborough.
- Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited institution with LICSW license is required.
Standards of Respect:
- One to three years of social work experience, including demonstrated ability in psycho-social assessment, knowledge of community resources, crisis intervention skills, ability in discharge planning, and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form.
Acknowledge Listen Communicate Be Responsive Be a Team Player Be Kind
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [emailprotected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.