At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Responsible for handling employee relations issues including coaching and advising leaders and employees on all performance management issues including absenteeism, performance, compensation, misconduct and ensuring compliance with policies, practices and applicable employment legislation. Will be a trusted advisor by providing consultation and resolution guidance to promote a positive workplace culture. This position will research, resolve and respond to a variety of employment-related matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Psychology or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of experience in employee relations or as an HR Generalist, or equivalent experience
- Experience with providing coaching and resolving performance management through formalized performance improvement planning
- Previous experience working in HR Operations or HR Service Center preferred
- Ability to work independently and to identify when to engage others
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information
- Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office applications
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visitingusbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about theE-Verify program.