Description Position at UMass Memorial Health Care
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday. Requisition #:
214671Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist ILocation:
UMass Memorial Medical CenterGrade: ADM5Posting Date: May 21, 2021 Shift: DaysStatus:
Non-ExemptUnion: SHAREHours: 40Shift Length: 8
$1500 SIGN-ON OR REFERRAL BONUSPosition Summary:
Responsible for follow-up of complex claims for payment.Major Responsibilities:
- Calls insurance companies and utilizes payor web-sites while working detailed reports to secure outstanding payments.
- Reviews rejections in assigned payors and plans to determine validity of rejection and takes appropriate action to resolve the invoice.
- Calculates and posts adjustments based on third party reimbursement guidelines and contracts.
- Makes appropriate payor and plan changes to secondary insurers or responsible parties.
- Inputs missing data as required and corrects registration and other errors as indicated.
- Previous Revenue Cycle knowledge in one of the following areas including PFS, Customer Service, Cash Posting, Financial Assistance, Patient Access, HIM/Coding and/or 3rd party Reimbursement.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks efficiently and in timely manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with people.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- One or more years of experience in health care billing functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Standards of Respect:
Acknowledge Listen Communicate Be Responsive Be a Team Player Be Kind
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [emailprotected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.