Description Position at UMass Memorial Medical Center
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday. Requisition #:
Registered NurseDepartment: 4 West Med/Surg OrthoPosting Date:
May 19, 2021Status:
24 hours Shift Length:
UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus
Every other weekend and holiday required Position Summary:
Responsible for the planning, delivery and management of direct patient care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to the standards of nursing practice.Major Responsibilities:
- Utilizes the Nursing Process for the delivery and management of patient's care from Admission to Discharge, appropriate to the developmental age of the patient population.
- Performs patient assessment/reassessment according to standard procedure.
- Develops and coordinates individual plan of care including discharge planning.
- Directs, supervises, coordinates and evaluate nursing care within assigned clinical setting.
- Delegates appropriately to others in accordance with job description and competency level.
- Current Massachusetts Nursing licensure and registration.
- BLS is a requirement for every RN. In addition, unit specific certifications and competencies are defined in the Unit Profile.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the discipline of Nursing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Standards of Respect:
Acknowledge Listen Communicate Be Responsive Be a Team Player Be Kind
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [emailprotected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.