This position will support the metal packaging customers of the CROWN North American Food Division in the Midwest region of the country. Ideally, this position will be based in either the Chicago or Minneapolis areas. This position is a field technical service representative who will spend the majority of their time traveling to customer facilities to troubleshoot processes, investigate product quality issues, and conduct trials in a food manufacturing environment. In this role, one will serve as the primary technical contact for customers and will be the liaison among customers, Crown Sales, R&D, Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing.Position Responsibilities:
- Providing problem-solving leadership on technical and quality matters relating to food can and end performance
- Managing the overall technical interface between the Food Division and their customers
- Support customers in all technical aspects of the business including current packages and new package development
- Develop and manage technical meetings between the Company and customers to discuss ideas, issues and solutions
- Interact directly with customer and internal manufacturing operations
- Partner with the Company's Sales, R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing divisions to develop strategies and action plans for both current customers and potential new customers
Extensive travel (Up to 75%) will be required to service customer needs
Job Requirements Job Requirements:
The ideal candidate would possess the following attributes:
- BA/BS degree in Food Science, Engineering, Packaging or a related discipline
- 5+ years in a packaging manufacturing environment, food production or a similar industry.
- Experience interfacing with customers in a technical capacity; field testing, qualification trials, claims management, etc.
- Experience with double seaming technology, various food canning equipment and troubleshooting associated problems is highly preferred but not required.
- Effective communication skills are needed for this role, both verbal and written as well as the ability to interact with customers and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects to completion
- Self-motivated and eager to take the initiative; with the ability to work effectively in a team setting and as an individual
- Well organized and detail oriented with good time management skills
- Strong PC skills are a must, especially using Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Committed to on-going personal development and career growth
- Knowledge and/or certification in Six Sigma is a bonus
70 - 80%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.