Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:Sr. Operator- 2nd Shift
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott's Heart Failure division, we're advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Sr Operator
to work under general supervision in accordance with specific procedures and practices, may perform a combination of assembly, weld, x-ray, repair, and test operations on pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs), leads, and related medical device assemblies. This position performs routine assignments with detailed instructions. Follows general instructions for routine work and more detailed instructions for new or special activities. Performs assignments of moderate complexity; usually refers more complex problems to immediate supervisor, lead or more senior level personnel from within the assigned department. WHAT YOU'LL DO
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- Responsible for coordinating production activity in assigned work areas, ensuring that product is continuously processed in accordance with build schedules.
- Coordinates communication of work instructions to personnel in designated areas in accordance with supervisory objectives.
- May perform direct manufacturing operations in support of build schedules, as directed or as necessary.
- Performs regular process and quality performance audits of personnel, tooling and equipment in assigned areas.
- Advises supervisor or other appropriate contact in the event of issues affecting the productivity of the cell.
- Accumulates information for assigned areas regarding work in process inventory status and daily output quantities.
- Assists in providing direct training to area operators as required. Provides feedback on defects encountered, and provides re-training support as necessary.
- Accumulates and organizes data to support area continuous improvement plans, as directed.
- Provides assistance in expediting priority product and tasks in assigned areas.
- Performs inspection and determines disposition of rejects per required documentation, as directed.
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Five years or more of medical device or related assembly experience
- Typically a minimum of four plus years related experience in the assembly of digital and analog circuitry/devices, including the demonstrated ability to provide work/lead direction to a team.
- Must be able to demonstrate comprehensive product assembly techniques, related process knowledge, plus a mastery of appropriate skill sets as confirmed by cognizant Engineering and/or Production/Quality Assurance supervisory personnel.
- Prior experience working in an air-conditioned clean-room manufacturing environment is required. Demonstrated ability to read and understand engineering drawings, schematics, diagrams, notes, and layouts.
- Demonstrated ability to use frequently used hand tools; demonstrated eye-hand coordination and capable of working with small precision devices.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and basic math skills. Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Occasional scheduled overtime is a requirement of this position.
WHAT WE OFFER
- AA degree in Electrical/Mechanical Technology, or comparable specialized training in and working knowledge of the manufacture of implantable medical devices or equivalent is desired.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal. JOB FAMILY:
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure LOCATION:
United States > Minnesota > Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
No MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf