Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:About Abbott Diagnostics
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We're empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott's diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Our location in Abbott Park (Lake Bluff), IL currently has an opportunity for an Associate Technical Support Scientist.WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Associate Technical Support Scientist is responsible for assembling and routing change control packages for ICHP products and for ensuring that documentation is appropriate, justified and approved by responsible functional areas according to established procedures.Main Responsibilities Include
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
- Accepts and completes all management-directed work assignments
- Work cross-functionally and participate with new product teams to support organizational goals.
- Respond to simple and intermediate internal customer requests for change requests.
- Edit, review, and proofread documentation and associated specifications such as PSCP, MS, PMS, Drawing, PBOM, SAP recipes, etc.
- Review documentation for consistency with similar or related products specifications.
- Communicate and coordinate change requests and documentation approvals with other sites.
- Provide troubleshooting solutions.
- Recognize and communicate trends in product issues and their impact on customers.
- Provide training to team members and internal customers as needed.
- Must be able to rearrange priorities on short notice to react to customer needs.
- Follow all EHS rules and procedures applicable for your department.
- Report any EHS incidents, unsafe acts and conditions promptly to supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- Support of the department through administrative and tactical execution of specific tasks as communicated by the department manager.
- Contribute to short-term, mid-range and long-term organizational goals.
- Manages change control related activities (i.e. Document CR, Material Master, TPM PSCP, Legal Control, DFCS, etc.)
- Facilitation / resolution of internal and external customer technical concerns. Errors or failures to achieve results may add cost and may impact the goals of the organization.
- Works under the supervision of more experienced staff who review work for overall accuracy, completeness and sound judgment.
- Recognizes risks versus the relative gains associated with actions.
- Understands critical success factors relative to scope of work and makes recommendations and decisions impacting applicable factors.
- Responsible to meet established objectives and goals; may provide guidance and / or recommendation cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Drives functional performance to ensure that cross-functional standards and expectations are met.
- May assist in the training of personnel as directed by management.
- B.S./M.S. in life of physical science
- Basic Computer Skills. Knowledge of analytical instruments assigned by supervisor
WHAT WE OFFER
- Master's degree (Advanced degree(s) may offset required years of experience).
- Engineering degree and relevant engineering background involving molded commodities, polymers, etc., from medical device company or similar.
- Knowledge of SAP, Lotus Notes, ePAS, DMS, APLM, MDG
- Good basic writing and presentation skills (i.e. clear, concise, effective and well organized).
- Candidates / incumbents should possess the following:
- Ability and aptitude to evaluate complex processes and apply critical thinking to complete assignments that are complex in nature where judgment and initiative are necessary to resolve problems
- Ability and aptitude to determine methods of addressing customer concerns and issues in real-time
- Strong customer-focus orientation and skillset
- Independent decision-making skills in critical, fast-paced settings
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to clearly, concisely and accurately convey communications
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature controlled (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.JOB FAMILY:
Research and Discovery DIVISION:
ADD Diagnostics LOCATION:
United States > Abbott Park : AP01A Floor-1 ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
Yes, 5 % of the Time MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Awkward/forceful/repetitive (arms above shoulder, bent wrists), Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf