Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott's Electrophysiology and Heart Failure division, we're advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in EPHF, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
The Senior Technician, Receiving & Inspection
will be responsible for performing technical inspections of incoming material to Abbott procedures. Other duties include providing quality technical support within new product development, manufacturing, or system/services support. WHAT YOU'LL DO
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING Required
- Perform incoming product inspections against specification and procedural requirements.
- Document nonconformances as appropriate, and processing NCMRs through the appropriate controlled system.
- Monitor and maintain calibration and maintenance schedules of RI test equipment and fixtures.
- Initiate related documentation changes.
- Perform Process Control & Monitoring of critical-to-quality parameters and specifications.
- Collect data, summarize, and document test results.
- Assist with or perform Gage R&R studies.
- Assist with the selection, installation and programming of precision measuring equipment including optical and touch-probe measurement systems.
- Assist in writing, executing and documenting equipment, product, process, and test method verifications, qualifications, and validations.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Programming of Optical Inspection Equipment experience required.
- High School degree required.
- Strong background with MS Excel (required) and Word (preferred)
- 5+ years' experience in FDA, or similar, regulated Quality environment.
- Previous experience in assisting with validations & qualifications, Gage R&R, calibration, test methods, and NCMR dispositioning.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems, FDA regulations, ISO 13485 and applicable worldwide regulatory requirements.
- Experience with a wide range of measurement equipment, hand tools, gages, pressure and force gage testing, and fixture design.
- Good communication and computer skills, including data analysis and report writing skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 2-year technical degree preferred.
- Prior medical device experience preferred.
- ASQ CQT certification or equivalent preferred.
- Training in blueprint reading and experience with sampling techniques. GD&T experience preferred.
- Previous PCB inspection experience preferred.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal JOB FAMILY:
Operations Quality DIVISION:
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure LOCATION:
United States > Minnesota > Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
No MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
Not Applicable SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf