Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics. This is a remote position that can be based anywhere near the US east coast near an airport hub. Must be willing to travel 75-80%WHAT YOU'LL DO
The primary responsibility of the role is to be a technical subject matter expert and assists in designing service strategies to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty. Responsible for providing level II and level III support. Leads continuous improvement and best practices for service processes. Responsible for automation reference-ability, scorecard/ PDFs and coordinate action plans to close gaps with appropriate stakeholders. Core Job Responsibilities
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
- Performs root cause analysis for escalated cases to ensure closure within defined guidelines.
- Determines level of urgency of customer and field service personnel requests and develops recommendations that reflect customer and Abbott business needs
- Survey the customer facility to ensure site is ready for install. Completes pre-install checklist and site readiness; Engage with the appropriate people within the commercial organization to resolve installation challenges.
- Identifies and drives for issue resolution, updates customer on progress, and confirms satisfaction during closure of events. Seeks feedback from customers and uses it for improving service level.
- Provides technical training and development events that improve the overall technical capacity of the customer service organization.
- Participates in project planning; process updates; and experimental design. Establishes project operation criteria and technical standards for excellence.
- Writes, review and approves any technical process and procedure changes for completeness and accuracy of technical subject matter, ease of implementation, and required documentation in service & support systems.
- Presents complex technical data to large or diverse groups. Lead critical account management situations as part of combined sales/service/support effort.
- Review parts usage and recommend inventory adjustment, impacting parts decisions and budgets as well as controls escalation decisions.
Has responsibility for ensuring technical competency of the regional service teams. Conducts technical proficiency reviews and provides feedback on service employee performance to District Service Manager. Position Accountability
This position is very visible to external customers and influences customer purchase decisions.This position is a worker/leader for the support and service teams, as well as serves as a product SME. Serves askey liaison to sales and internal technical organization with authority to influence stakeholders in these areas. Accountable for co-travel / field observation and providing managers with talent performance recommendations. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- Associate Degree
- Minimum of 4 years experience with instrumentation utilized in a laboratory environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Bachelor Degree
- 2 years of experience providing technical product application and/or hardware support, to include technical service, and knowledge support.
- Minimum of 1 year experience managing mid-sized projects in a customer or commercial environment.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial securitythrough competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programsincluding medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k)retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a companywith a record of strong financial performance and history ofbeing actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews.JOB FAMILY:
Field Services DIVISION:
ADD Diagnostics LOCATION:
United States of America : Remote ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
Yes, 75 % of the Time MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
Not Applicable SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment, Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf