Purpose: Oversee the floor operation and process ensuring all associates are staying on task while working safely, accurately, and effectively. Manage the flow of goods ensuring business requirements, service levels, and delivery schedules are met.
• Operations Director is required to be at work at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the shift.
• Communicate professionally with internal as well as external customers.
• Retain basic knowledge of all operations.
• Direct associates into proper clocking codes to ensure accuracy of time keeping. Ensure records are properly maintained (production, audits, etc.) and policies are adhered to. Report any known discrepancies to the Operations Director
• Coach, develop, and train associates as required. Promote labor sharing and cross training. Meet coaching requirements as defined by the Operations Director
• Celebrate accomplishment, reward behavior and performance that contribute to the operations success.
• Manage attendance, performance, and/or conduct issues as outlined in the company policies and procedures and communicate to the Operations Director
• Maintain key relationships with Distribution Coordinators in Receiving, Forklift, and Shipping, developing as needed, to assist in managing the operation.
• Ensure associates have a safe and clean work environment (housekeeping) and any unsafe acts, accidents, or injuries are immediately reported and proper policies and procedures are followed.
• Troubleshoot all issues promptly as needed.
• Perform regular floor operation's duties when needed (systemically process, unload, load, pick, put away, etc.).
• Carry out daily priorities as directed by the Operations Director
• Assume the duties of the Operations Director during periods of absence.
• Operations personnel
• Department heads and management to include but not limited to Receiving, Shipping, Distribution and Production Operations, Planning & Purchasing, Finance, and Customer Service
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Technical skills: the ability to perform the tasks inside area of responsibility
• Human relations skills: the ability to work with and through people
• Excellent communication skills: ability to effectively send and receive messages
• Administrative skills: ability to plan, organize, and coordinate
• Conceptual skills: ability to obtain, interpret, and apply information needed to make sound decisions
• Leadership skills: ability to engage followers in all aspects of the operation
• Basic computer/keyboard skills necessary
• Must be highly motivated and possess the ability to work independently with limited supervision in a high-volume/energy environment
• Ability to assess priorities and make decisions to meet key business objectives
• Ability to manage multiple employees, performing multiple functions
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• College preferred, high school education or equivalent required
• Demonstrated supervisory experience in a warehouse/distribution environment preferred
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Distribution Operations Manager (Night Shift)
TEAM: Supply Chain Management
Contract Type: Full time
Date: Jun 3, 2021