Shady Grove Medical Center
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Security Officer who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The security officer ensures that security policies and procedures are carried out in a timely fashion.
• Ensures a safe environment for our patients, staff, visitors, physicians and volunteers
• Ensures quality outcomes for security department by communicating effectively with security, staff and the public
• Uses time and resources in a financially responsible manner
• Fosters group cohesiveness within the security department
• Portrays a positive image of the organization.
Description of Working Conditions:
• Required to wear a uniform while on duty.
• Required to lift decedents on occasion
• Conducts foot patrols of the facility and parking areas.
• Conducts vehicular patrols of the parking areas and off site locations
• Assists with restraining violent patients
• Must be able to respond to physically demanding emergency calls
Qualified candidates will possess:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Previous security experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
• Must possess Maryland Driver's License
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care – at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide – after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Full Time, Dayshift
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.