Trust Client Assistant, Senior
Our Strategic Alliance is a professional collaboration between two great financial firms. Our alliance allows clients to take advantage of Comerica Bank & Trust, N.A.'s professional trust administration capabilities, as well as the services of their Financial Advisor, delivered through a customized, service-driven model. The Trust Client Assistant Sr. in Comerica's Strategic Alliance plays a vital role in this model, by serving as a support system for our Alliance Trust Advisors and their book of business. As a Trust Client Assistant Sr., you will work directly with your assigned Trust Advisor, our partnered Financial Advisors, and other internal business partners to complete routine and non-routine administrative tasks.Position Competencies
Successful incumbents will focus on effective written communication, problem-solving and organizational skills, successful incumbents must possess appropriate functional and technical skills, accuracy, the ability to multi-task and prioritize daily/weekly/monthly tasks and ongoing projects for maximum efficiency is a must.Position Responsibilities:
- Serves internal and external clients including trust beneficiaries, vendors, colleagues in remote locations, and financial advisors at outside institutions.
- Prepares reports required for annual account reviews.
- Performs data entry which includes check writing, ACH set-up, and account information editing.
- Accesses statements, account data, and tax reports from various proprietary data bases.
- On-going maintenance of customer accounts which involves coordinating changes to account files, statements, and name and address information.
- Monitors client's daily cash positions for overdrafts and exceptions to cash policy; ensures sufficient funds are available in accounts to meet trust agreement objectives.
- Executes procedures to open/close/transfer accounts; collect assets from brokers or outside institutions.
- Proactive and reactive contact with clients for routine requests, crisis resolution and problem solving.
- Must be able to acquire basic understanding of trust agreements/documents.
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience as a personal trust assistant or working in a related environment (accounting, tax, investments, financial planning)
- 2 years of experience in written and verbal communications with all levels of staff and clients
Minneapolis Wealth Mgmt. Office
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday