Located on-site at the Batteries Plus Distribution Center in Glendale, WI, the Warehouse Lead
is an essential member of our warehouse teams. This position is on 2nd shift ( 2 pm - 10 pm Sunday - Thursday)
As the Warehouse Lead,
you will provide shift oversight and delegate tasks to warehouse associates in regards to receiving, storing, packing and shipping of merchandise and material to ensure that product is handled and shipped to our customers in a timely manner. You will also provide clear direction and delegate tasks to warehouse associates and communicate regularly with the shift supervisor and manager to ensure compliance with warehouse safety, training, policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of warehouse distribution experience and demonstrated leadership abilities. Essential duties and responsibilities (cross-training and other duties may be assigned):Receiving/Fulfillment/Shipping
- Ensure orders are accurately received and put away
- Maintain strong understanding of the inventory. Work closely with shift supervisor and floor personnel to resolve order shortages
- Ensure customer orders are effectively and efficiently processed and shipping schedules are met
- Provide guidance to the warehouse associates to ensure proper distribution of workload.
- Measure daily, weekly, monthly production and quality metrics; maintain daily reports. Communicate potential issues and concerns to management in a timely manner
- Ensure all work areas are clean and organized. Maintain a "tour ready" facility
- Provide clear direction to warehouse associates. Regularly communicate information for employees to do their jobs safely and consistently well while making them feel part of the team
- Delegate tasks, validate completion and ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
- Assist with performance evaluations. Work with Supervisor to implement progressive discipline
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures and rules in the facility. Wear proper PPE. Report accidents and incidents; perform accident investigations in a timely manner
- Ensure employees obtain training related to facility policies and procedures. Communicate and assist with safety and other training programs
- Assist management team in maintaining a union-free environment
- Minimum H.S. diploma/equivalent; Degree in business management, supply chain or logistics preferred.
- 3 -5 years of warehouse experience. Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Familiarity with a variety of warehousing and logistics concepts, practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and WMS technology.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Must use judgment to recommend changes to existing methods and make decisions guided by established policy and precedent.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to calculate simple math, percents and ratios. A basic understanding of accounting procedures and financial statements a plus.
- Must be able to become forklift certified, if applicable.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business including peak seasons and special events.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively manage confrontational situations in a controlled and courteous manner.
The physical demands required to perform the essential responsibilities of this position are as follows. Reasonable accommodations, if necessary and/or as required by law, will be made available.
A Bit About Us:
- This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk and use hands to handle or touch; frequently talk, hear and lift up to 50 pounds; and occasionally sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach above shoulders, and use foot to operate a machine to lift more than 100 pounds
- The position also requires the employee to regularly use electronic scanning devices.
- The position requires use of manual and mechanical equipment as needed. Training/certification will be provided as needed.
- While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee will occasionally be exposed to sheltered weather conditions and unheated/non-air-conditioned spaces, fumes or airborne particles, and the limited risk of electrical shock.
- The level of noise in the working environment is moderate to loud.
- Protective clothing and/or equipment used in this position includes ear protection, eye protection, gloves, and steel-toed shoes
Batteries Plus is the nation's largest and fastest-growing battery, light bulb, phone repair and key fob replacement franchise with a nationwide network of over 720 stores. We work hard here at Batteries Plus, and we have a lot of fun while we do it. Whether you work in our warehouse, one of our stores or at our corporate headquarters, our goal remains the same: to satisfy our customers, build trust and drive business, while nurturing our team and working to be experts in our fields. That's life at Batteries Plus
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran