This position is responsible for inventory management of products and vendors assigned to them as well as the coordination of the transportation of said items in a cost effective and timely manner.
Your career path has many avenues available for you to succeed. Are you looking to advance at a rate that matches your ambition and skill set? At Bunzl, we understand and want to invest in you. With our multi-career options, you'll not only be able to find the adventure you are looking for today, but can be confident that new opportunities will be there for advancement in your future.
At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude. Responsibilities:
- Maintain current customer and vendor relationships
- Negotiate price and terms with manufacturers and suppliers
- Monitor inventory levels/inventory control among 4 warehouses
- Assist with inventory control to include inventory review to reduce and eliminate any obsolete and overstock product
- Analyze data to optimize inventory turns and maintain sufficient inventory to meet customer demands
- Work efficiently with other internal departments in the branch
- Other duties as assigned
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
- High School diploma is required. Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years experience in purchasing or relevant business experience is required; preferably in a distribution environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must be able to multi-task and must be detail oriented
- Must be a problem solver and demonstrate good negotiation skills
- AS400 experience is highly preferred
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.