Job ID: 301261
Conrad Yelvington Distributors,a CRH company, supplies and distributes aggregate materials such as granite, river gravel, limestone, natural sand, and more. This rail served aggregate distribution network covers Florida, Southern Mississippi, South Carolina, and Alabama. SUMMARY
Primary responsibility to safely and efficiently operate the dragline or other equipment necessary to complete assigned task. Responsible for optimum production of limestone muck pile during scheduled shift. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The criteria for evaluation in this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are met by complying with legislation, company policies and promoting a safe work environment.
- Ability to operate Dragline, accurately, efficiently and safely.
- Clean up around equipment and surrounding area.
- Lubricate and perform general maintenance on the equipment.
- Ability to follow directions. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to Conrad Yelvington Distributors Manual of Safety Practices & Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Conrad Yelvington Distributors policies and procedures as outlined in the book of company policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Conrad Yelvington Distributors employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule. PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position: Welding Gloves, Hard Hat, Hearing Protection, Padlocks for Lockout/Tag out, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Seatbelt. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
5-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating andmaintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to do routine paperwork. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnishedin written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employerWhat CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americashas a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Conrad Yelvington Distributors is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Date Posted:Jun 7, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Equipment Operator, Developer, Welding, Manufacturing, Technology