Join our Distribution Center team! We are Caleres, a global footwear company with brands that fit people's lives. We are ferocious about fit and living our mission of inspiring people to feel great…feet first!
You'll work in a fast-paced, fun, team environment, providing high attention to detail to meet production goals. Location:
Cal 1 - 8985 Merrill Avenue, Chino, CA Why join our team?
- Earn $100 sign-on bonus after 30 days! (details below*)
- Competitive starting salary depending on experience
- Potential to earn overtime
- Great health benefits that start on DAY 1!!
- Relaxed dress-code
- 30% Discount on shoes! – online for all brands or in our Famous Footwear stores
- Department Safety – responsible for following all safety guidelines. With a strong emphasis on: Lock-out Tag-out, Fall protection, OSHA compliance.
- Coordinate the activities of maintenance, PIV, facilities and grounds maintenance contractors.
- Perform mechanical and electrical repairs on equipment with warehouse distribution systems.
- Perform equipment diagnostics / repairs of motor control systems, forklifts, scanners and building systems
- Design, oversee, and assist in the installation of electrical circuits per applicable codes
- Ability to develop and utilize PLC logic for trouble shooting / modifications
- Ability to develop and / or perform welding and fabrication.
- Perform PMs, repairs and overhauls on all associated equipment. Identify damaged or defective equipment and repair in a timely manner.
- Detect safety hazards and plan/organize safe solutions and provides department training.
- Coordination of third-party specialist contractors.
- Routine testing of fire sprinkler systems, basic grounds maintenance, periodic training / retraining / certification as appropriate
- Able to work 2nd Shift 3:00pm-11:30pm (Monday-Friday)
- Obtain and maintain a PIV (powered industrial vehicle) licenses to operate all PIV equipment associated with the warehouse within 90 days of employment.
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma
- 1 -5 years mechanical and electrical repair experience preferred
- Proficient in the operation and utilization of various test and metering equipment
- Experience with conveyance systems preferred
- Ability to obtain a PIV (powered industrial vehicle) license within 90 days
- Ability to perform welding and fabrication
- Familiar with and / or experienced with Building Management Systems
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without an accommodation
But most of all, we seek people who share our values and our ferocity for fit.
People passionate about their work. People who hold themselves and others accountable. People who think a $2.8 billion company should be as creative as a start-up. People driven by an insatiable curiosity. People who care about being the best, among the best.
*New associates must be in good standing in order to be eligible. Associates hired via staffing agencies are not eligible at this time.