Cox Enterprises is hiring a Senior Counsel, Corporate Law to join our Atlanta team! The lawyer will play a critical role supporting the company's Corporate Growth and Transactions Center of Excellence, with broad responsibility supporting corporate legal matters associated with extraordinary corporate transactions, tax and treasury support, and other matters. The Senior Counsel reports to the VP, Corporate Law, and will partner with our businesses and stakeholders to provide strategic legal input with respect to Cox's growth opportunities.
- Support corporate transactions in partnership with the Assistant General Counsels overseeing deals, including drafting and negotiating documents such as letters of intent, term sheets, purchase and sale agreements, shareholders agreements, transition service agreements and other related agreements.
- Assist with transactional due diligence and provide advice on mitigation of risk identified in the due diligence process.
- Manage capital markets transactions and capital finance agreements.
- Build strong relationships and effectively collaborate with business colleagues and other in-house attorneys.
- Manage documentation of inter-company matters among Cox subsidiaries, including capitalization transactions and re-organizations covering domestic and international jurisdictions.
- Monitor and convey to clients information regarding technical developments as well as their application to local and International legal issues and strategic impacts.
- Support client engagement models across the family of Cox companies, including working collaboratively with other practice groups within Legal and business partners.
- Develop and deliver processes to enhance client services, including training modules and efficiency improvements.
- Use good judgement when working with business clients in partnerships that keep them informed and prepared by providing expert and strategic legal advice to create associations of trust and respect.
- Anticipate issues, estimate risks strategically and identify proactive solutions.
- Base decision-making process on ethics and integrity.
- Remain current and informed on developments in case law that impacts corporate matters and develop applicable policies and procedures.
- 5-8 years of broad-based corporate legal experience, including at a large law firm, preferably with a background in corporate and capital transactions. .
- Ability to anticipate, analyze, assess and articulate implications and risk of complex issues, including strategic implications, and pro-actively identify solutions.
- Proactive attitude and "hands on" professional not dependent upon large staff.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Efficiently manage a large volume and variety of transactions in a global environment.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, collaborate to drive solutions, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of how to balance legal risks with business objectives and successfully get projects completed.
- Well-versed in how business operates, with strong financial acumen.
- Demonstrated business counseling, communications, conflict management and negotiation skills.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas.
- Excellent customer service skills, time management, project management, and follow-up.
- Ability to see the big picture while executing on the appropriate details.
- A proactive nature and "can-do" attitude.
- A good sense of humor, and a thirst for new challenges.
- J.D. degree, admitted to the bar.
- Business degree, either graduate or undergraduate
- International experience
Who We AreAbout Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.