Responsible for the repair, maintenance, upkeep and replacement of the property's cosmetic materials (interior/exterior painting, patching of wood work and furniture refinishing), in accordance with hotel standards. Assist in other areas of Engineering as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive daily work assignments from Assistant Chief Engineer and review priorities and special projects.
- Organize materials, tools and equipment to perform daily assignments.
- Maintain time lines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program.
- Check work orders for any problems.
- Make rounds checking these problem areas, note any paint touch-up needs or any safety concerns in the hotel.
- Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms, coordinating with the Executive housekeeper and front office manager.
- Maintain par stock levels of standard paint, brushes wallpapers, stains, sign lettering and other supplies.
- Communicate requisition needs to supervisor.
- Repair and maintain all painted surfaces and items, including preparation and installation of all types of latex, enamels, etc.
- Install and repair vinyl and wallpaper.
- Strip and refinish Guest room furniture.
- Maintain for the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools and supplies.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work areas.
- Handle chemical according to hotel requirements.
- Ensure security of any assigned keys and beeper.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist with room's maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading, writing and math skills and 1+ year(s) of general painting and dry wall repair experience. Completion of high school diploma or related vocational training preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds.
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility.
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and crawling.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.