Assist Pressman to prepare, operate, and adjust printing press to maintain required quality and quantity of production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists pressman in operation and maintenance of press.
· Obtain a working knowledge of printing process, printing machines, and press crew operations.
· Issue paper to keep inventory correct.
· Operates and performs general preventative maintenance on printing presses.
· Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department manager.
· Maintains production, quality standards and reports as determined by operators, supervisors, and upper management.
· Daily input in the Information System the proper issue of paper for each job.
· Daily clock in and out of jobs.
· Complies with all safety regulations and work rules.
· Performs general housekeeping in working area.
· Performs other duties as required/assigned by lead, supervisor and/or manager.
· High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
· Maintain a working pace equal to the output of machines.
· Must follow explicit orders and job specifications.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
· Ability to add, subtract and count accurately.
· Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional variables.
· Strong mathematical skills (especially in measurements) and strong communication skills.
· Mechanical aptitude and team-player.
· Must demonstrate increasing understanding of the printing process, printing machines, and press crew responsibilities.
· Ability to lift 70 pounds and/or move 100 plus pounds.