Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We’re a rapidly growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ask about our employee health insurance and 401k options!
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
- Must have or be willing to obtain lifeguard shallow water attendant certification along with CPR, First Aid, and AED certification. (Details on this will be provided during the interview process)
Job Title: Swim Instructor
Reports to: Deck Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Instructs students on water safety and proper swim techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Evaluates students’ progress, and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills.
- Acts as a GSS “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses problem solving and creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
- Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to management as appropriate.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork.
- Performs Deck Teacher duties as needed.
- Performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal etc. on occasion.
- Attend required/mandatory workshops and in-service training outside of regular working hours.
- Fulfills other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Education/Experience: Must be 16 years of age or older. High school diploma or GED is preferred but not required. Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or childcare preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Must obtain Lifeguard, CPR/AED and First Aid certification through Ellis & Associates within 90 days of hire. You will be offered course times upon hire. We have trained lifeguard instructors on staff to assist in completing this certification.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Safety Standards: The safety of our swimmers, parents and team members is of the utmost importance. Goldfish Swim School follows all CDC and WHO safety standards along with following any local guidelines. In addition here are some additional safety precautions and procedures we follow:
- Every shift has an on-staff cleaner to sanitize high touch areas in our lobby and pool areas.
- Our pools are disinfected with chlorine to provide the safest swimming environment
- The CDC states that proper operation, maintenance and disinfection of the water with chlorine should remove or inactivate the virus
- Our state-of-the-art ventilation system allows fresh air to continuously circulate into our building, further minimizing the spread of any airborne virus.
- Industry experts note that indoor pools are far superior at minimizing virus transmission than most indoor spaces.