Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Assists with all aspects of food preparation as part of the culinary team. Assists with gathering food items, reading recipes, and preparing food items. Works in front or back of house operations.
1. Cleans and preps fresh produce and properly cooks raw ingredients following proper food handling and safety guidelines
2. Preps, gathers, weighs, measures, and assembles ingredients for recipes
3. Reads and follows recipes
4. Prepares food items per guidelines
5. Arranges workstations with needed ingredients and cooking equipment
6. Determines amount and type of food and supplies required for food preparation
7. Completes food temperature checks before service
8. Maintains daily production records
9. Stores food properly and safely, marking date and item
10. Serves as a lead in absence of lead role at direction of leadership
High school diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
ServSafe certified or obtains certification within twelve (12) months of hire
One (1) year related experience working in an institutional food service setting, restaurant or large-scale production kitchen
Previous food preparation experience
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
Revenue Generated: Funding for this position is based upon revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds.
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf