Ohmstede Industrial Services, an EMCOR Company, is the only company that offers fully integrated turnaround and specialty maintenance services with state-of-the-art repair and fabrication facilities under "one roof." We earn our customers' trust every day, offering a single point of accountability to oversee your project. Coupled with our turnaround and specialty maintenance capabilities, Ohmstede is the largest U.S. manufacturer of shell and tube heat exchangers, including replacement tube bundles, channels and shells. Job Summary:
The position is responsible for assembling, layout, installing, and maintaining pipe systems on steam, fluid or gas systems. The Pipe systems may include but not limited to: pipe, flanges, supports, valves, gauges, hangars, and angles. Pipe Fitters may work in all parts of the construction or maintenance site including in buildings, outside, and inside structures, i.e. tanks or boilers. The work may also include working in underground (excavations) areas and working safely at heights of access of 300 ft.Required Qualifications:
- Pass an OIS Basic Rigging assessment or NCCER certified.
- Current Basic Orientation Plus (Safety Council card) or within three months expiration.
- Current TWIC card.
- Have three (3) or more years of experience in craft.
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance work history and experience.
- Fully comprehend and accurately interpret blueprints, construction drawings, technical manuals and manufacturers' manuals and instructions.
- Possess applied knowledge on the pipe fitting process for industrial piping and boilers.
- Good problem-solving abilities and reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others and serve as a team player, while being able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills (speaking and actively listening) with co-workers and supervisors.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Significant and sustained periods of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Must have good manual dexterity to perform precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push and pull objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50 lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300' utilizing proper fall protection.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long periods of time up to 12 hours per day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffins, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toed shoes.